[OpenCitySmart] Seeking help - possible open source GIS technologies for town planners

Nimalika Fernando nimalikaf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 10:26:56 PDT 2017

Dear All,

I am writing to this forum seeking kind support regarding the use of open
source technologies in city planning.

I got an opportunity to present about open source GIS Technologies for town
planners of Sri Lanka , in an event organized to mark the World Town
Planning Day 2017.  I consider this as a valuable opportunity show the
value of open source GIS technologies to local professionals in town
planning.

Can someone point me to any resources regarding this please? Any
information about use of open source technologies in town planning,
infrastructure development, transportation applications etc. would be
really useful.

I explored the list of technologies mentioned at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Opencitysmart  and thinking about presenting
some of them as useful software tools and examples of applications .

May I know the technologies behind https://aurin.org.au/  and GeoDa ?  Are
they build using open source technologies ?

Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Thanking you

Nimalika Fernando

Member of OSGeo -Sri Lanka / OSGeo Lab of SLIIT  - Sri Lanka