[OpenDroneMap-dev] Beta v0.1 Release and Changelog

Dakota Benjamin dmb2 at clevelandmetroparks.com
Tue Jun 14 07:50:30 PDT 2016

OpenDroneMap users,

Tomorrow we will be publishing a huge update. We've incorporated a processing framework for the ODM toolchain and improved the installation process. If you've been using the "dev" branch on GitHub recently, this is nothing new for you. Read below for the changelog and watch for another email tomorrow when the release is finalized.

Installation

  *   cmake superbuild for all components
  *   Now you will run the following to install or update ODM:

bash ./configure.sh
mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make && cd ..

# copy paste the following (with correct directory structure) into your ~/.bashrc (or other preferred method) (requires logout/in to work)
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:<ODMDIR>/SuperBuild/install/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:<ODMDIR>/SuperBuild/src/opensfm
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<ODMDIR>/SuperBuild/install/lib

Running ODM
Use these instructions to run the processing script<https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap/tree/dev#running-opendronemap>. Note there are significant differences from the previous version, namely you have to specify --project-path
Code restructure

  *   Object Oriented Code
  *   Ecto<https://plasmodic.github.io/ecto/> processing framework
  *   Project tree:
     *   Your ODM project will have a more organized structure. One big change is that your images must be placed in a "images/" subdirectory in the project folder.
  *   Testing framework

Feature additions / changes

  *   Add XYZ pointcloud output
  *   benchmarking with --time
  *   Replacement of LASTools with PDAL
  *   Control script updates - --rerun-from, --rerun-all
  *   Remove local ccd_defs in lieu of OpenSfM sensor data file.

Please email me with questions or comments. If you want to use the updates before the release, simply run "git checkout dev" and use the installation method above.

Happy Processing!
Dakota

[http://sig.cmparks.net/cmp-ms-90x122.png]Dakota Benjamin
Geospatial Developer