[OpenDroneMap-users] OpenDroneMap optimization questions

En Li enli at umich.edu
Thu Mar 26 09:00:31 PDT 2015

Hey Guys:
I hope you are all doing well! My name is David Li, I am computer science
major from the University of Michigan. First I want to thank you all for
your contribution to this project. Currently, my team and I are trying to
enable a drone to fly over the crops of mid to large farm owners to
accomplish crop surveillance for them. We tried the opendronemap on VM. We
tried to run ODM with around 70 photos and it took more than an hour to
finish. While we are impressed by the quality of the resulting picture, our
sponsor has pointed out the image processing process was a little too long.
We were wondering if there are ways we could reduce this time so we are
closer to our sponsor's requirement. Any help would be wonderful!  Thank
you so much!

En Li