[OpenDroneMap-users] getting started with ODM, making the test data look good?

Matt Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:55:01 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm just dipping my toes into OpenDroneMap work. Getting it running
was a breeze with the Dockerfile (thanks!).

My first attempt was running ODM using the default parameters
against the `tests/test_data` directory. This completed successfully but
the output orthophoto image was not very good quality.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6769420/Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%209.21.08%20AM.png

As a learning exercise, I'd like to try to make the orthophoto from
the test data
as good as it can be given the input data. This would be a fantastic addition to
the README or wiki docs as it would give new users a good sense of how to
parameterize and tweak odm.

Has anyone experimented and come up with a killer test-data output?

So what command-line parameters should I try to make the test_data look good?

Are there other branches (mvs-texturing-addition?) that I should try?

Take care,
Matt Perry