[OpenDroneMap-users] Announcement

Dakota Benjamin dmb2 at clevelandmetroparks.com
Tue Jul 26 12:20:49 PDT 2016

ODM Devs and Users,

The Humanitarian Innovation Fund<http://www.elrha.org/hif/home/> has funded some development on OpenDroneMap.
There are a few things targeted as part of this project, so I'll start at a high level, and then work my way down to some anticipated details:

The objectives of this project (generally) are to:

  *   Improve the quality of 3D model output from ODM
  *   Create ODM GUI (web)
  *   Integrate with existing Humanitarian digital tools -- things like OSM<https://www.openstreetmap.org/>, POSM<https://github.com/AmericanRedCross/posm>, OpenAerialMap<https://openaerialmap.org/>, etc..

Partners involved in writing the grant are:

  *   ShadowView<http://www.shadowview.org/>
  *   Cleveland Metroparks
<https://clevelandmetroparks.com/>
  *   The SMART Infrastructure facility at University of Wollongong
<http://smart.uow.edu.au/>
  *   Vela Aerial (Australia / Indonesia)
  *   Médecins Sans Frontières UK
<http://www.msf.org.uk/>

As part of our deliverables for the grant, we'll be

  *   hosting monthly ODM community chats on Gitter<https://gitter.im/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap> (join us there!)
  *   engaging the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap team and some local OSM communities
  *   Engaging on social media
  *   etc.

These changes will be coming down the pipeline alongside community contributions and other development in the next 6-8 months. As usual, feel free to ask questions here or on the Gitter<https://gitter.im/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap>.

Best,
Dakota

[http://sig.cmparks.net/cmp-ms-90x122.png]Dakota Benjamin
Geospatial Developer