[OpenDroneMap-users] How to adjust processing parameters based on quality requirements

Thu Jun 2 11:44:07 PDT 2016

Hello Khyale,

first of all OpenDroneMap is not as mature as other mentioned SW
products, thus you will need some work to get into the details of the
program.
>From my point of view, not every parameter is equally "effective" on
every dataset. So at the moment there is some "try and error" involved.

In general: Using --resize-to is the first option you should try. This
will define the image size for the whole workflow. Less pixels are
leading in general to faster processing times (and sparser
reconstructions), more pixels to a better reconstruction (but there is a
chance to run into memory problems as well)...

Try something around 800, 2000, and 3000 for example and examine the
results.

The other parameters are described here:
https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap/wiki/3.-Run-Time-Parameters

Keep in mind, that you can rerun the program from a specific step, so
you dont need to do it all over again.
Its also a very good idea to backup your results and name them
accordingly, because ODM overwrites the output constantly.

Cheers!
Simon