[OpenGeoscience] EGU GA 2016: course about raster/LiDAR using QGIS Processing

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Tue Nov 3 10:12:32 PST 2015

Dear Lene, dear all,

as stated by Raffaele, the current plan by the OpenGeoScience group is to jointly organize an introduction course based on OSGeo Live as an overview over the variety of available FOSS/OSGeo tools. Additional courses would be good to have, but need ressources.

Lene, if you will be attending EGU and are able to invest the effort to set up a course about aster/LiDAR using QGIS Processing, this would be very valuable.

Guidelines for the set-up of shourt courses is available here:
http://www.egu2015.eu/short_courses.html

Applying for a time slot / room for a course at the EGU GA is free of charge, but the presenter(s) need to register for the conference. Pricing information for 2015: http://www.egu2015.eu/registration.html

The selection which short courses will run is made by the Conference Organizers (EGU Programme Committee Chair)

It would be great if we would have multiple OSGeo-based courses at the EGU GA 2016.

To keep an overview of all the parallel activities, I have added a section on the Wiki page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Geoscience_Committee#Overview:_OSGeo-related_short_courses_at_EGU_2016
(Please update when necessary)

Best,
Peter