[OpenGeoscience] Rafael workshop idea

Raffaele raffaele.albano85 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 03:10:13 PST 2015

Dear  All,

I agree with Margherita. It is important that the OSGeo community proposes activities at EGU.
On one hand, the general topic short course could reach a bigger community of scientists and, hence, I think it is the first milestone in order to connect OSGeo and EGU. So, I want to actively promote this activity.
On the other hand, I think that these specific-topic short courses/workshops could be of interest for people that need a in deep knowledge or an user of OSGeo-related software.
Hence, I want to share with you the following call for promoting OSGeo-related software workshops and short-courses:

The EGU welcomes proposals for Topical Meetings, Training Schools and Workshops, as well as applications for EGU Sponsorship of External Meetings, for the year 2016.
Successful proposals result in high profile EGU events with financial support.

Proposals for events in 2016 must be submitted by 31 December 2015 only via the on-line form on the EGU website:
http://www.egu.eu/login/?next=/user-area/support-requests/form/ <http://www.egu.eu/login/?next=/user-area/support-requests/form/>