[OpenGeoscience] BUDGET 2017

massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Dec 12 08:26:02 PST 2016

Dear list,
I was asked by the board to draft a budget 2017 for this
committee.
In agreement to Peter I will propose the following if no
objection or substantial comments arrive from the
committee members within this week (by Friday 16.12.2016).

Please comment.

Best,
maxi

============
BUDGET
============

The  OpenGeosSci committee requests to OSGeo a total
budget for the 2017 of 6,000 USD.

This is intended to cover:
- 1 Townhall event at EGU (2,600 USD)
- 4/5 open monitoring hackatons (3,000 USD)
- others minor unforenseen costs (4,00 USD)

Here the detailed estimates based on previous conducted
events.

EGU
Event: townhall
Venue rental: none
Catering: 2,000 USD (based on last years experience)
[required]
Promotional material: 100 USD (Posters/flyers announcing
the event) [required]
Give aways: 500 USD (production of OSGeo-live USB-drives)
Total requested budget: 2,600 USD

Open monitoring hackatons
Events: 4/5 hackatons with about 20 attendees
Venue rental: none (in combination with FOSS4G-IT,
FOSS4G-Asia, FOSS4G-EU, FOSS4G, ...)
Catering & handsout:  2,000 USD (4/5 contribution for
coffee breaks and handsout)
Training/Promotional material: 1000 USD (100 open hardware
kit , OSGeo branded arduino + temp. sensor + led)
Total requested budget: 3,000 USD

Massimiliano Cannata
Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra
Dipartimento ambiente costruszione e design
Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio
Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14
Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09
massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch