[OpenGeoscience] EGU 2018 Townhall

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Mon Dec 11 02:08:18 PST 2017

Jeff, Maxi, all,

thanks for your feedback regarding a Townhall/lunch splinter. If there are no objections (before Wednesday Dec 13), I'll go ahead and book a Townhall like in the past years. The exact date and room number will be allocated by the EGU GA organizers (Copernicus).

Once we have a 2018 budget for the committee, based on the current draft (nudge nudge: Deadline coming up), catering/refreshments for the event can be ordered later in 2018.

For the agenda, I fully support Maxis idea to be hands on about licence issues. In would be great to make it both down to Earth, but also making it fun (taking the pain/confusion out of licence issues). It would be good if discussions both about the agenda and also how to get the attention of EGU attendees _before_ the conference would start soon, so we can act timely.

A minor detail: Last year, we had an OSGeo-banner produced for the event, using the old design, which IMHO worked pretty well and drew attention. Now that we have the new design, I propose to do something similar using the new design (costs were neglible), _possibly_ going for an actual OSGeo-flag. BTW, last years banner was sent afterwards to the FOSSGIS/FOSSDEM organizers, where it was put into good use.

Best,
Peter