[OpenGeoscience] AGU Townhall / IODP

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 05:04:14 PST 2018

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the background information on  Integrated Ocean Discovery Program (IODP). I now understand that there is very little topic overlap with IODP, so it might not be the appropriate option. My suggestion is we as a community start looking and speaking with other communities who are planning their own TownHall  events in AGU or other key international scientific events but with more topic overlap with OSGeo to have OSGeo presented in their Town hall events. We can provide them OSGeo Live DVDs etc for distributing to their delegates at thier events. That way we can reach out to more communities but also scalable as we do not have pay costs for hosting the TownHall by our own. I think it is very important to have strong presence of OSGeo in EGU, AGU, AAG and other key scientific events, so we need to have presence in these TownHall events.

Best wishes,

Suchith