[OpenGeoscience] New RSE session at the EGU in Vienna, April 2019 | Submission deadline January 10

Daniel Nüst daniel.nuest at uni-muenster.de
Wed Dec 19 06:43:15 PST 2018

RSEs: Researchers who Code

I would like to make you all aware of an RSE focused session at next
years European Geosciences Union [EGU] in Vienna. The abstract
submission details can be found in the link provided.

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/30949

We welcome contributions from RSEs across the EGU family. Topics
surrounding career growth can include but are not limited to sharing
experiences of:
- Creating and/or maintaining an RSE group
- Effective RSE focused events [e.g. career fairs, workshops..]
- Factors that influence RSE career progression
- Effective teaching strategies at all stages of RSE life
- Building sustainable development communities
- The recognition, or lack, of RSEs in academic outputs
- Skills required for RSEs [HPC, FPGAs, cloud, containers, ML, …]
- Thoughts on where "we" need to make improvements in RSE life

The abstract submission deadline is 10 January 2019, 13:00 CET.
Submit before Christmas or make it the first thing you do next year to
advance RSEng across all geosciences.

Please pass this around as you see fit.

With kind regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Nüst
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi),   University of Münster