[OpenGeoscience] OSGeo / OpenPlanetary joint townhall session at EGU / Vienna?

Alessandro Frigeri alessandro.frigeri at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:53:10 PST 2018

Hello,

I'm glad to inform you that we are formalizing a non-profit association for
promoting data, tools, workflow sharing among planetary science community.
The name of the association is OpenPlanetary [1] and has an international
board of directors working in the field of planetary research. The use and
promotion of Free Open Source software is a big part of our activity which
has been mostly done within scientific workshops and congresses in the form
of tutorials and hands-on sessions on tools and data access.

Since some geospatial software we actively use is promoted by OSGeo, we
would like to have the chance to get OpenPlanetary and OpenGeocience/OSGeo
known to each other.

Peter proposed the EGU Townhall session as a possible chance to start a
discussion of possible synergies or coordinated activities. That would be a
nice event for starting activities of OpenPlanetary outside of planetary
science congresses.

Best,

Alessandro Frigeri

[1] http://www.openplanetary.org