[OpenGeoscience] OSGeo / OpenPlanetary joint townhall @ EGU

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 19 04:43:31 PST 2018

Excellent idea.

Best wishes,

Suchith

________________________________
From: OpenGeoscience <opengeoscience-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de>
Sent: 19 November 2018 08:32
To: opengeoscience at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [OpenGeoscience] OSGeo / OpenPlanetary joint townhall @ EGU

Hi Allesandro, hi all,

according to EGU, this is the scope of Townhalls:"At townhall meetings, new initiatives or decisions are announced to a larger audience, followed by an open discussion on the matter raised."

Your proposal appears to be fully compatible with this.

1+ by me.

best,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>

>        <CAKAhehcQpkNyMTdu66S0cWs9k+nh4YUrBjUG5D6nQvTUDrW0FA at mail.gmail.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm glad to inform you that we are formalizing a non-profit association for
> promoting data, tools, workflow sharing among planetary science community.
> The name of the association is OpenPlanetary [1] and has an international
> board of directors working in the field of planetary research. The use and
> promotion of Free Open Source software is a big part of our activity which
> has been mostly done within scientific workshops and congresses in the form
> of tutorials and hands-on sessions on tools and data access.
>
> Since some geospatial software we actively use is promoted by OSGeo, we
> would like to have the chance to get OpenPlanetary and OpenGeocience/OSGeo
> known to each other.
>
> Peter proposed the EGU Townhall session as a possible chance to start a
> discussion of possible synergies or coordinated activities. That would be a
> nice event for starting activities of OpenPlanetary outside of planetary
> science congresses.
>
> Best,
>
> Alessandro Frigeri
>
> [1] http://www.openplanetary.org
OpenPlanetary<http://www.openplanetary.org/>
www.openplanetary.org
We are an open community of planetary scientists and software developers who come together to share, discuss and improve our data, tools, workflow and overall knowledge of our Solar System.

> --
> Alessandro Frigeri, PhD
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

attachment.