[OpenLayers-Dev] Google Zoom Levels

Schuyler Erle sderle at metacarta.com
Thu Nov 16 14:29:40 EST 2006

* On 16-Nov-2006 at 11:04AM EST, Ludwig Max Brinckmann said:

> I noticed there is a resolution array in Google.js -- maybe this is out of
> date. If so, has someone new data for this and how was it calculated in the
> first place?

It might well be out of date. I think GMaps goes up to zoom level 24
or so now in some places -- but only for aerial imagery? You might try
extending the Layer.Google resolution array locally and see what it
does. You might also need to change maxZoomLevel in your
OpenLayers.Map options.

In any event, Google Maps resolutions are precisely a factor of two
apart. So if you want to extend the resolution array, halve each
resolution sucessively.

SDE