[OpenLayers-Dev] "A square in one projection is not a square in the other projection

Ana Henneberke ana.henneberke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 11:18:39 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

I have tryid open layers against a server that used Mercator projection and
I get tiles that don't match with each other and parts of the land that are
repeated.

Here is the code I am using:

    <head>
        <title>Open Layers Demo Tiled</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>

    </head>
        <h1>Open Layers Demo Tiled</h1>
        <script defer="defer" type="text/javascript">

            var options = {'projection': 'EPSG:41001'};
            var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);
            var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
                        "WMS", "http://localhost:8080/basicmap/wms",
                        {layers: 'ROADS',
                         REQUEST: "map"});

            map.addLayer(wms);
            map.zoomToMaxExtent();
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(4,52), 7);
        </script>

So I think this is because OpenLayers uses EPSG:4326 and I haven't find a
way to overcome this problem. Does someone know how to fix this?
Ana