[OpenLayers-Dev] Versioned WFS support in Geoserver, feedback welcomed

Andrea Aime aaime at openplans.org
Mon Nov 27 04:31:34 EST 2006

Hi all,
at Geoserver we are working on developing a versioned WFS-T extension
which, at first, should provide single branch versioning with history,
attribution and rollback. Here I have written down the results of my
research (warning, big document):

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Versioning+WFS

and here is the first implementation proposal (much smaller):

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Versioning+WFS+-+Phase+one+implementation+proposal

I understand you are implementing WFS-T editing, so I'd really like to
know what you think of the proposed WFS-T protocol extensions, if they
seem to be sensible and easy to implement from your point of view (of
course, any other feedback is warmly welcomed as well).

Let me know  :-)
Cheers
Andrea Aime