[OpenLayers-Dev] Support for PointSnapping, EditingMode, MovePathPoint features in the merged branch.

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Mon Apr 9 12:14:35 EDT 2007

Hey-

Louvy Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the old vector branch, there used to be MovePathPoint example where
> we can snap to a vertex and move them around. On the next save, it would
> generate wfs-t update transaction. What is the equivalent functionality
> in the merged branch? I could not find an example for modifying an
> existing wfs feature on the screen.

Vector support in 2.4 is largely about rendering.  In addition you get
the ability to do heads-up digitizing (through the DrawFeature control)
and the ability to select features (SelectFeature control).

In 2.5, look for full feature editing capabilities.  I've got a
ModifyFeature control in the works.  I'll send out a note when this is
ready to play with.  With any luck it will be in the trunk just a bit
after the 2.4 release.

Tim