[OpenLayers-Dev] editing controls, preserve selection

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:44:16 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Recently I worked on Tim's code to enhance the editing functionnalities.

The result can be seen in the camptocamp/feature sandbox.

I'm now facing an little issue. What is frustrating for the user is
that each time he switches between the two different editing controls
(modifyFeature and deleteVertex), the current selection is lost. The
user need to reselect a feature so that he can modify it.

The problem is that when a control is deactivated, the select control
it relies on is also deactivate and the selectFeature.unselect()
method is called.

Does someone has an idea of a workaround to let a control preserve
selection so that another control can use it ?

Regards

Pierre