[OpenLayers-Dev] editing controls, preserve selection

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Wed Aug 22 17:56:21 EDT 2007

Hey-

Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
> The problem is that when a control is deactivated, the select control
> it relies on is also deactivate and the selectFeature.unselect()
> method is called.

The unselect method should not be called when the SelectFeature control
is deactivated.

I can confirm that things work like they should by going to
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html

After drawing a polygon, I click the "select polygon on click" input to
activate the SelectFeature control.

I click a polygon, it gets selected, and turns blue.

I click the "draw polygon" input deactivating the SelectFeature control
and activating the DrawFeature control, and the polygon stays blue.

Are you seeing something different?

Tim