[OpenLayers-Dev] Ordnance Survey OpenSpace using OpenLayers

The Bun rosario.carbone at ipl.com
Mon Dec 17 05:50:56 EST 2007

Christopher Schmidt-4 wrote:

> Some of the things that you developed are thigns we're working on
> improving for our next release: for example, as of the past 48 hours,
> the trunk of OpenLayers now has the ability to use custom
> transformations to reproject data, and we're working on extending that
> to apply to various formats and classes in the OpenLayers API. Hopefully
> this will let OpenSpace and other activities like it move forward more
> easily in the future.

Hi Christopher

What do you mean with custom transformations to reproject data? Do you mean
that while for example the data are in BNG we can reproject the layer in a
different standard client side?

Could you help with an example?

Anyway it would be great if all the adding done by OpenSpace would be
supported
by OL already. I tried to read some Ordnance Survey GML with OL GML layers
and I
failed I think because OS developed an extra layers of the OGC standard GML
schemas
which I don't think is supported by OL, right?

Regards
Rosario Carbone