[OpenLayers-Dev] animated zooming 1.1

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Tue Feb 6 08:10:48 EST 2007

Hi all,

many thanks for your feedback! I want to responsive to some issues:

1. zoom bar behavior bugs
> John: The only thing I noticed is that if you drag the slider
> above or below the zoom bar, the zoom doesn't happen.
Yes, I know this bug. There is also a little slider position bug (in the trunk
code): If you drag the slider between the zoombar bottom and the area below
the zoombar (very fast) back and forth several times, the slider moves
upstairs. Analogical: the zoombar top.
We should be fix these bugs to have a stable zoombar (like gmaps). I would be
grateful, if someone can do it in this month.

2. scale overlays
> Tim: I think it would make sense to have an option to turn off all overlays
> during zooming.
What do you think about to have an option "zoomanimated" for _every_ overlay?
Alternative: an option for _all_ overlays.

3. scale red rectangle in overviewmap
Now, this feature is online in my new version 1.1! Look at the demo [1] and
the ticket #442 [2].
Tim, I only changed a few lines in the overviewMap.js. Please review it.
Thanks.

4. new feature: "smooth tile replace"
> Duarte: after zooming, the best effect would be to not hide the previous
> tiles immediately, which shows a blank map while new tiles are loading.
> Would it be possible to slowly replace them with the new ones as they
> become available?
Duarte, this is a good idea. I'll try it, if I finish the other features.

Any more suggestions?

Best regards,
Emanuel

[1] http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html