[OpenLayers-Dev] animated zooming 1.2

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Fri Feb 9 12:00:11 EST 2007

Hi list,

a new animated zooming version is online:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442

The new feature:
A better zoomOut experience with an extra preloaded tile (this tile based on
zoomlevel 0 with a 4-times tile size).

Now, only the _visible_ tiles are used for zooming/scaling. So, the
performance is much better, especially if you have a big viewport.
Notice: there is still a little bug, if you don't wait until all tiles in the
viewport are completely loaded before you start scaling.

For the next features (animated zooming with +/-buttons, mouse wheel,+/-keys,
double click, zoomToExtent) I want to use the final version of animated
panning (#110). Please let me know, if you have reviewed this code, so that I
can add my functions!

All the best,
Emanuel