[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 'Debug Mode'

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 14:25:33 EST 2007

I think you should include a logging framework into the trunk version of
mapbuilder, and then provide 2 releases:
* Release A will be the same as before, it all logging functions are
stripped out. (Use perl or awk or similar).

* Release B will be a debugging release and have all the debugging left in.

Debugging code should look something like:
  Debug.warn(test,"Error message if true");

The Debug framework should allow comments to be outputted as alerts,
text into a widget, or some other format that we want to use later.

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au