[OpenLayers-Dev] Tile.checkImgURL, path processing

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jan 18 16:52:12 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 03:50:34PM -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> I would vote for #2, but that's probably only because I spent an
> absurd amount of hours fixing the damn function so that it works
> (which, by the way, it now does, afai can tell)
>
> can i vote for option #5, which would be
> option #1 + checking my fix for that code into trunk so that if ever
> at some point in the future we want/need to use an url comparison
> function we have one? :-/

I'm good with that. If the function works, having it around can't hurt,
and since the code is there, we can migrate back to checkImgURL
easier... or someone can use it for other reasons. I think it has
utility, I just don't want to depend on it given that we've seen it fail
in so many browsers already -- although we've specialcased it for
everyone now, what happens when IE8 comes along and breaks everything?