[OpenLayers-Dev] using overlays with tilecache

Frank Porcelli fporcelli at taic.net
Fri Jan 19 13:47:48 EST 2007

Dev team -

I have run into an issue with OpenLayers that I'm hoping someone may have
experienced and can provide a work around. When using TileCache with
OpenLayers to display multiple layers of data, I'm noticing that when
changing zoom levels or panning to a location outside of the initial extent
the overlay tiles come back pink. On the initial load, both layers load fine
and display no problem. The initial "zoom in" also works fine. However, when
panning to another part of the map, using the overview map or pan tool,
overlay images that are outside the initial extent come back pink. If I zoom
out to full exent I also notice that the number of overlay tiles does not
marry up with the number of basemap tiles. This could partially explain why
the pink tiles. Has anyone run into this issue before? This appears to be a
bug in OpenLayers. If so, any suggestions on what could be the cause would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank