[OpenLayers-Dev] Need Help Using Multiple Map Files

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 19 17:34:02 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 04:09:15PM -0600, Brian Krebs wrote:
> Log in as customerid1, zoom in and out to generate map tiles for scales
> of 1000, 3000 and 5000.
>
> Log in as customerid2, zoom in and out to generate map tiles for scales
> of 2000 and 4000.
>
> Log back in as customerid1 where I'm passing a parameter of customerid1
> as the map file.  Start at initial zoom scale of 1000, I see customerid1
> map tiles.  Zoom out to scale of 2000, I see customerid2 map tiles.
> Zoom out to scale of 3000, I see customerid1 map tiles, etc.

This sounds like a ka-map problem. To help reproduce this so we can
determine whether OpenLayers is a participating culprit in this case:

 * Clear cache
 * Open a map as whichever customer
 * Copy the URL of a tile (right click, copy URL)
 * Open that tile in a new tab/browser window
 * Check to ensure that the URL includes the map= param.
 * Change the map= param to be customer2
 * See if the tile changes.

If the answer is 'no', then I think we can start examining ka-map's
tile.php, otherwise, we'll look into why OpenLayers doesn't behave in
the same way.