[OpenLayers-Dev] Who is interested in SLD editing?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:06:07 EDT 2007

It seems that there are a number of us interested in a Styled Layer
Descriptor (SLD) parser/renderer/editor and as usual, it will be better
if we work on this together rather than in competing projects.

So I suggest we start by identifying:
Who is interested in this thread.
Why you are interested.
What you want to achieve.
What platform you need to develop for.
What are your timeframes.
Where you live and what timezone (so we can organise a meetings).

We can then identify a plan for implementation together.

I'll start:
My employer, Lisasoft will be implementing a "Discover, Browse, Download
client" for Geoconnections' Canadian Geographic Data Infrastructure
Interoperability Pilot. This will include selecting features using a
Filter, and we would like to include styling using SLD.

We plan to implement this in Mapbuilder which wraps OpenLayers
functionality. If it makes sense technically and schedule wise, we can
are happy to have the functionality in OpenLayers.

We need to be complete by 1 October (with our first milestone at the end
of August).

We are based in Sydney (+10 Hours) and Adelaide (+9.5 Hours), Australia.