[OpenLayers-Dev] Poor Image Quality

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Tue Jul 10 03:29:30 EDT 2007

OpenLayers uses jpeg by default for WMS layers, so change it in the
constructor of your WMS.Untiled layer:

'format':'image/png', i.e.:

baselayer0 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled( "Standaard",

"http://test.intranet.rijkswaterstaat.nl/services/geoservices/startkaart?",
{layers: 'startkaart', 'format':'image/png', 'transparent':'TRUE'},
{'numZoomLevels': 12, 'ratio':1, isBaseLayer: true} );

Also check you have image/png mapped as a mimetype for PNG24 in your
Mapserver MAP file (OUTPUTFORMAT section).

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden