[OpenLayers-Dev] Projections/Google

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Fri Jul 13 12:07:38 EDT 2007

Question from Justin on projections...
anyone have some feedback on this?

--erik

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: justin merz <jrmerz at gmail.com>
Date: Jul 12, 2007 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenLayers-PSC] Wiki/Trac password request
To: Erik Uzureau <erik.uzureau at metacarta.com>, psc at openlayers.org
Cc: Quinn J Hart <qjhart at gmail.com>, Roger Kunkel
<roger.kunkel at resources.ca.gov>

Erik,

Thanks, I look forward to helping out.  I have one quick question.
The patch I am working on for the Google layers, as I said before,
involves projection conversions inside the layer.  Currently I am
using projection code I got off the internet Proj.js which is C code
that has been translated to javascript.  I have since added 3310 and
41001 to the allowed projections and have prototyped the functions to
a single OpenLayers.Proj class.  With that being said, how would you
guys like these conversions in OL?  Currently in
OpenLayers.Layer.Google I create an instance of OpenLayers.Proj for
41001 and use it has needed.  I have attached Proj.js so you can take
a look.

-Thanks
Justin