[OpenLayers-Dev] MapQuest OpenAPI is available

Andrew Turner ajturner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 05:53:13 EDT 2007

The MapQuest OpenAPI is very dated and really is in bad shape (their
own opinion). But it is being updated and will be re-released in
several months. So I would suggest perhaps waiting a little bit
before implementing OL-MQ until it's released.

You could look at the existing MQ Enterprise API which I believe will
be the basis for the OpenAPI.

Andrew

On Jul 17, 2007, at 3:31 AM, Erik Uzureau wrote:

> Excellent... sounds like it's time for OpenLayers.Layer.MapQuest!
> :-)
>
> I tried the demos here:
> http://www.mapquest.com/features/main.adp?
> page=developer_tools_oapi_quickstart#map
>
> and they all gave me java socket errors... :-/
>
> erik
>
> On 7/16/07, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
>> The MapQuest OpenAPI is available free of charge for non-
>> commercial use
>> within the stated transaction levels of 50,000 combined maps and
>> geocodes and 5,000 routes per day. If your needs fall outside of
>> OpenAPI's terms please refer to MapQuest Business Solutions for
>> additional options.
>>
>> http://www.mapquest.com/features/main.adp?page=developer_tools_oapi

Andrew Turner
ajturner at highearthorbit.com      42.2774N x 83.7611W