[OpenLayers-Dev] Intergeo 2007

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Thu Jul 19 07:26:54 EDT 2007

Hi list,

the german speaking FOSSGIS community meets from 25. to 27. september
2007 for the "Intergeo 2007" in Leipzig (Germany). The Intergeo is
the largest recurring GIS event in Germany (maybe even Europe)
attracting more than 10k people [1].

A part of the exhibition is the "OSGeo Open Source Park", where
serveral FOSS projects and businesses are represented - the Interegeo
2006 report give you a first impression [2].

I think it's important to present OpenLayers at the Intergeo 2007. I
would like to do that and I would organize (with the Intevation GmbH)
a booth for OL if you authorize me to represent the OL community.
Perhaps anyone of you wants to come also to Leipzig? Additional it is
possible to give a 15-minutes-presentation about OL at the OS Park
Forum. You will find some current informations about presentations
and projects of the OS Park in the OSGeo wiki (only in german) [3]. -
What do you think?

About me: In the last month I have written my thesis about usability
of Free web mapping applications using the example of OpenLayers and
I realized the animated zooming feature (#442). My complete work (in
german) is online [4] -  an english translation follows in the next
days!

Best regards,
Emanuel

[1] http://www.intergeo.de/englisch/page/main/index.php