[OpenLayers-Dev] Future of OpenLayers

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Jul 31 06:10:30 EDT 2007

Tim Schaub wrote:
> I've created a wiki page to list ideas for the future of OpenLayers.  If
> you are working on something that is still in the idea stage, please add
> a wiki page under this section (see the existing links for an example).
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Future
>
> There's nothing substantiative there at the moment, but I'd like to see
> ideas that aren't ready for a ticket yet be placed there.
>
> Tim

I'm interested in WMC.
I've added small text to it to start defining the JS structure:

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Future/MapContext

> -- PS: Lorenzo, I think that would be appropriate to move your WM* stuff
> to the Future section.  I'll take care of this if you don't get to it.
> Note that links should look like [wiki:Future/* Title Here].

I've tried to move my pages but I don't see buttons to do it. Is this a
limitation for a normal user as in wikimedia?

actually I would like to rename WMSManager as OWSManager as far as we
integrate WMC features and SLD stuff too.

but I still have not a clear idea of what WMSManager should be in the
future. Suggestions are welcome.

ciao
Lorenzo