[OpenLayers-Dev] #736 (external graphic as style for vector points)

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 05:04:42 EDT 2007

> This sounds really interresting.
> Wouldn't it be nice to have it in a sandbox ? If you don't mind, and
> if I find time, I can easily put it in the camptocamp one to see it
> working live.

Thanks, this would be great.

> A further step would consist in creating real vector graphics for
> point features. Some customers already asked for it.

Using the SVG renderer, this can already be done with my patch, by
referencing an SVG file as ExternalGraphic. Unfortunately, VML can
only use raster graphics as "image".

In the SLD specification, there is also the "Mark" type for a graphic
symbol. There are 6 WellKnownName marks: square, circle, triangle,
star, cross and x. The default is square. Would that be enough for the
beginning? This could be implemented the same way as ExternalGraphic
in the current patch.

Regards,
Andreas.