[OpenLayers-Dev] #736 (external graphic as style for vector points)

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:19:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

just wanted to let you know that I now also implemented
externalGraphic for VML. It is in the camptocamp sandbox
(http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/externalGraphics/examples/vector-features.html).

I will do some more testing. One observation: SVG keeps the aspect
ratio of the external image, VML does not. To me, the SVG way seems
preferrable. I also experimented with v:fill in VML, which has an
"aspect" attribute, but using a fill image did not work for me.

So if anyone of you who is familiar with VML has some hint on that, I
would be glad to hear about it.

Thank you,
Andreas.