[OpenLayers-Dev] WMSManager closer to beta version

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Jun 5 07:16:06 EDT 2007

>> that's a good idea but I know nobody here likes it. OL is cool
>> because is not server dependent and I know that WMSmanager has to
>> stay as stick as possible to this line.
>>
> well an interface for adding a url or similar wouldn't need to be too
> divergent.

who want to do it?

I will have a similar interface in my project included inside a java
framework so I will not need it.
but if somebody will provide the update for the CGI (maybe writing to
urls to a text or xml file) I'll do the add-on to WMSManager with pleasure.
Naturally, original author/s (Schuyler from SVN history) should agree,
or we'll have to offer a different proxy_listed.cgi

>> Many servers are badly configured anyway about OnlineResource
>> xlink:href (difference between standards and real life)
> ? Not sure what you mean ?

I mean that I've seen some servers that instead of :
      <OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?" />

have:
  <OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://localhost/wms.cgi?" />

they still serve maps then maintainers don't care that much...

ciao
Lorenzo