[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #736: external graphic as style for vector points

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jun 6 20:21:02 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:22:48PM -0000, OpenLayers wrote:
> #736: external graphic as style for vector points
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  openlayers    |       Owner:
>       Type:  feature       |      Status:  new
>  Component:  Renderer.SVG  |     Version:  SVN
> Resolution:                |    Keywords:
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by ahocevar):
>
>  The new version has support for opacity (using the fillOpacity property of
>  the style). It keeps the aspect ratio of images, and the size is
>  determined by the pointRadius style property. This is the behaviour
>  suggested in the SLD specification.

Can I get an opinion on this from other people? If you've got a Vector
feature, which is drawn as an image-at-a-point, is setting the width via
pointRadius, and allowing the height to be set to maintain the aspect
ratio, good enough?

Or, should a different property -- perhaps graphicWidth/graphicHeight -- be
used, to allow users to specify different widths/heights than the aspect
ratio of the original image?