[OpenLayers-Dev] adding markers is slow in IE

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 7 13:18:53 EDT 2007

I had a (non-OL) piece of code that really sucked in IE because of
attaching event handlers to a bunch of small elements in the page -
replacing it with an event handler on the container and then using
the target property to determine if one of the smaller elements had
been clicked solved the problem for me.  I haven't looked at Marker
but I would check to see how event handling is done.

Cheers

Paul