[OpenLayers-Dev] dragstart, drag and dragend events

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:17:57 EDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:31:54PM +0200, Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
> > I cannot get any event register working with "dragstart" or "dragend"
> > using something like following :
> >
> > map.events.register("dragstart", map, function(evt) {
> >                    console.log("drag end");
> >                }
> >            );
>
> I think you're trying to detect something that isn't going to happen --
> dragstart is related to dragging the element. If you're trying to
> determine when someone starts dragging the map, you might want movestart
> or moveend... What are you trying to do?

I was just having a test with all the map available EVENT_TYPES.

EVENT_TYPES: [
        "addlayer", "removelayer", "changelayer", "movestart", "move",
        "moveend", "zoomend", "popupopen", "popupclose",
        "addmarker", "removemarker", "clearmarkers", "mouseover",
        "mouseout", "mousemove", "dragstart", "drag", "dragend",
        "changebaselayer"],

I can't figure out what are the dragX events for.

Though, I'm ok that the moveX events are sufficient for several cases.

Regards