[OpenLayers-Dev] WMSManager beta version

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Jun 16 15:07:08 EDT 2007

Tim, Lance thank you for feedback.
I'm actually studying CSW2 and hope that Ticheler will have time for me
next week to choose the simplest syntax from KVP encoded request to ask
for a set of WMS servers (or layers) and which minimum set of metadata
make sense to respond from a CSW2 point of view.
I guess that Zool could help a lot too but I want to disturb nobody
until I don't have a clearest idea. So maybe never ... ;-)

I still don't know if it makes much more sense using CSW2 to retrieve
server addresses or directly their layers. A WMS server can offer very
different layers in typology and extent, then can offer a long list of
layers and a user can feel disoriented understanding which layer is the
one he searched for.

I'll surely let you know what I'll discover

ciao
Lorenzo