[OpenLayers-Dev] Natural Docs

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 21 07:37:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 05:48:47PM -0600, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Erik Uzureau wrote:
> > Tim can you make a ticket for this? I havent had the time to really
> > review it but it sounds like everyone is in favor, and just a brief
> > look at what you've done so far is *very* convincing :-)
>
> See ticket #773 [1].
>
> If anybody with commit access wants to work on changing the comment
> style to work with Natural Docs, see the page I've put up for
> OpenLayers/Natural Docs conventions [2].  Of course, reading the Natural
> Docs documentation itself is also helpful [3].
>
> This is only very partial documentation right now [4], but I think we
> can make it real nice.

I've been working on this for 3 hours or so, and have finished up
documentation for all of the Handlers, as well as the Events.js
file and a couple of layers.

I've also set up autogeneration of the documentation every 10 minutes,
going to http://dev.openlayers.org/naturaldocs/ .

I've also crafted a convention for private properties/methods: The first
word of the description should be "*Private*." The '.' means that the
description of the method won't appear in the overview, but it will
still appear in the longer description, and the *s make it bold. I think
this is clear enough from my observations. I've added this to the
NaturalDocs wikipage.

I'm probably going to stop on this for the next 12 hours or so, and
might get back to it tonight.