[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #423: WMS layer to default to GIF instead of JPG

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jun 22 19:03:37 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 08:09:51PM -0000, OpenLayers wrote:
> #423: WMS layer to default to GIF instead of JPG
> ------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  camerons   |       Owner:
>       Type:  feature    |      Status:  closed
>  Component:  Layer.WMS  |     Version:
> Resolution:  wontfix    |    Keywords:
> Comment (by camerons):
>
>  For reference, this was fixed by http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/650

For clarification, 650 is not yet committed, but it is indeed an
alternative which changes some behavior related to 423.

Note that the 423 ticket description is broader than 650: it suggests
changing the image type for layers other than overlays, which 650 does
not do. (In fact, that's the primary reason I opened 650 and didn't just
reopen 423.)