[OpenLayers-Dev] animated zooming 1.4

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Fri Mar 2 11:23:08 EST 2007

Hi list,

my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442

Features in current version:
- scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
- scale red rectangle in overviewmap
- scale extra zoomOut tile
- scale _baselayer_ only
- support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
- "smooth tile update"
- recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
- NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
- NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox, doubleclick, mousewheel, +/-
keys (together with animated panning!)
- NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at the same
position after zooming; target not recenter!
- NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning

My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the implementation
because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my theoretical part.
In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current version. I would be
deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and report me all bugs.
I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other suggestions of
features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance (it's a weak
point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.

I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are some issues I will
try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big thing f.e. is the
support for all other baselayers.

I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.

Best regards,
Emanuel