[OpenLayers-Dev] [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WMS tiles & artifacts

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Mon Mar 12 13:06:40 EDT 2007

Yo dev-

We never had a full discussion on tile gutters.

The problem: not all servers render well at tile edges.
The solution: let the client (optionally) disregard tile edges.

An example:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/gutter/examples/gutter.html

I'll add this as a ticket for 2.5.  It's simple code and could make it
in to 2.4, but I know we're all busy this week.

Happy to hear any discussion.  I've heard positive feedback from a
number of folks (Rob cc'd here).

Tim