[OpenLayers-Dev] Undo/Redo implementation

Eric Lemoine Eric.Lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sun Mar 18 15:57:33 EDT 2007

Hi OpenLayers dev!

I've been working on adding undo/redo support in OpenLayers.

In my first implementation undo/redo works for PanZoom operations,
i.e. extent operations resulting from user actions on the PanZoom
control object.

The implementation is available here :
<http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/elemoine/openlayers/>. See
<http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/elemoine/openlayers/examples/history.html>
to see the implementation at work.

The implementation design allows extending undo/redo to other
operations. So if there's interest in this work I could extend it
fairly easily.

I also plan to implement an History Control (Control/History.js). That
control will be composed of a right-arrow and a left-arrow for user to
navigate through the history.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks,
--