[OpenLayers-Dev] GML Layers is no more visible in vector sandbox revision 2823

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 21 07:43:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:49:59AM +0100, Christine Spietz wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> I have updated to the libraries of
> http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers revision 2828, but now it's
> working less then before.
> I can not see any map anymore.
> >----------------------------------->ERROR-MESSAGE>----------------------------------->
> OpenLayers.MouseListener.MouseDefaults is not a constructor
> var mouseListener = new OpenLayers.MouseListener.MouseDefaults();
> in Map.js line 229.
> >----------------------------------->END OF
> >ERROR-MESSAGE>----------------------------------->
>
> The thing is: This line (mouseListener = ...) is not contained in Map.js of
> the actual trunk-version of OpenLayers. So I thought I might have embedded
> the wrong OpenLayers-folder in my page, but this is also not the case.
>
> Do you have an idea, what may have gone wrong? Is it a bug in the actual
> trunk version or what else coul be the cause?

Much of the code between the existing trunk and the old vector branch
was refactored. http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/ has a list of
examples -- including gml-layer and EditingToolbar -- that demonstrate
the new functionality. Please refer to these examples for more
information on how to get started with the trunk version of the vector
tools.