[OpenLayers-Dev] Adding empty features

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Fri Mar 23 14:00:25 EDT 2007

I'm not at all sure I'd call this a bug.

Build a polygon feature from an empty pointlist:

   var pointList = [];
   var linearRing = new OpenLayers.Geometry.LinearRing(pointList);
   var polygonFeature = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(
      new OpenLayers.Geometry.Polygon([linearRing]), null,
displayStyle);
   displayAreasLayer.addFeatures([polygonFeature]);

Error on line 192 of Renderer/VML.js:

        var scaledBox =
            new OpenLayers.Bounds((bbox.left/resolution).toFixed(),
                                  (bbox.bottom/resolution).toFixed(),
                                  (bbox.right/resolution).toFixed(),
                                  (bbox.top/resolution).toFixed());

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'left' is null or not an object