[OpenLayers-Dev] Editing bug with IE

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 28 16:07:34 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:19:39PM +0200, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On 3/26/07, Eric Lemoine <Eric.Lemoine at camptocamp.com> wrote:

> >> Not a known OL bug, but I could be convinced. With a patch before we hit
> >> RC, I'd take it for 2.4, but without it, it'd probably wait for 2.5
> >> (since the workaround -- change yourdoctype -- is so simple for most use
> >> cases).
> >
> >I haven't actually found a working "change your doctype" solution --
> >only a rather radical "suppress your doctype" one.
> >
> >> I've opened ticket #564 to track this.
>
> Christopher,
>
> Any idea on where to start from to debug that thing?

Never touched VML support in OpenLayers. I would investigate VML's
behavior under different doctypes, and see if you can reproduce the bug
outside OpenLayers with the same VML, or if you can determine the
mouseposition under a different doctype and see if that is the problem.

Really though, I have no clue.