[OpenLayers-Dev] XML parsing, SLD parsing

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Nov 3 14:31:44 EDT 2007

Andreas --

I'm skimming your SLD renderer patch, and note that you're using
OpenLayers.Util.getXmlNodeValue . I think that we've tried to move away
from having scattershot XML Parsing all over the place -- I assume you
pulled this direct from GeoRSS (where it shouldn't be either) or
something similar.

There's a 'getChildValue' method on the Format.XML class -- will this
work in place of getXmlNodeValue? I think that we use it pretty
extensively and it works in IE -- getXmlNodeValue is likely a bit *too*
open, to the extent that it encourages sloppy XML.

If you could give this a try, and see if it works, ti would be great to
move away from anything in a non Format.XML namespace. If it turns out
not to work, then we'll probably need to add more to the Format.XML
class to handle it -- Tim might be able to comment on that more if it
comes to that.