[OpenLayers-Dev] How can i get the extent of the WMS (JS, WFS)

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Nov 14 04:01:28 EST 2007

The way to do this unfortunately is to also perform a WFS request with the
same filter. You can use GeoJSON as the output format. Then you can use the
bbox attribute of the GeoJSON featurecollection (note: this is very new in
Geoserver and has only been added yesterday) as the extent to zoom to.

Btw, it would be a nice enhancement if you could ask Geoserver only for the
bbox of the featurecollection, since you are not interested in the actual
features itself.

Best regards,
Bart

--